Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,426,800 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Not having network or cable TV, we hadn't heard of Jesse Stone, but in reading a little more, it sounds like an interesting series. We'll have to check it out.

In the meantime, we rented August Rush, just released this week to DVD. Definitely worth watching! :thumbs_up::thumbs_up: Freddie Highmore is quite the young talent, and we look forward to seeing more of him in the future.

Chester :newyear:

• Spellbound with Gregory Peck and Ingrid Bergman - this was the first time I've ever seen this Hitchcock flick. And, man was it ever good. If you get a chance you should see it. ps - love the Goonies!!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

• just watched the first national treasure on telly really enjoy this movie will have to see the next one

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• The Goonies (1985)

Made me laugh throughout, and was thoroughly entertaining. The profanity was needless though.

I'd have to agree with you on both counts. The Goonies is a movie we have enjoyed over the years (in fact, we took our two oldest kids and saw it in the theater the first time around), and it definitely has some really funny stuff.

But the language - not the worst I've ever encountered, but unnecessary, especially in a movie that should be enjoyed by the whole family

• August Rush was a great movie. I have to say that this is one of the best current movies out there. It is ranked as one of my top movies of all times. Wish I saw it at the theater. High recommendations to all for this movie.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• PART'S 1 AND 2 JOHN ADAMS ON HBO
    if you have HBO this is a must see. very well done.I look forward to seeing the rest of this series in the next few weeks.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• A week or so ago I went off the deep end and ordered from Amazon Seasons One through Eight of "Magnum PI" and Seasons One through Four of "Hawaii Five-0" (I like those old cop shows much more than the garbage that's on TV nowadays). Got three seasons of Magnum and one season of Five-0 today, with much more to follow, so I know what non-westerns I'll be watching for probably the next 6 or 8 weeks.

"Book 'im, Danno" :teeth_smile:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• August Rush was a great movie. I have to say that this is one of the best current movies out there. It is ranked as one of my top movies of all times. Wish I saw it at the theater. High recommendations to all for this movie.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

After reading your high praise for this film, Mike, I went to the Imdb "comments" section for it and those posters were also very enthusiastic about it so rushed over to our local movie rental outlet (Movie Gallery) with hopes of renting it. Well, they didn't have it and the clerk said they wouldn't be getting it. Sooooooooooooo........guess I'll wait until the retail price falls a bit because I'm not willing to pay the current asking price. But I'll keep your recommendation in mind.

• Well, it was my sister's birthday today, so tonight after consuming a hearty meal of German potato pancakes topped off by a slice of birthday cake, we all gathered around and watched Jimmy Stewart and Maureen O'Hara in Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation (1962). A great movie for the whole family to enjoy.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• A great movie for the whole family to enjoy.

I wholeheartedly agree. Jimmy didn't play in too many comedies but when he did, he got a lot of laughs. His working on the water pump was especially funny.

Tell your Sis all of us on the board said Happy Birthday.

• I wholeheartedly agree. Jimmy didn't play in too many comedies but when he did, he got a lot of laughs. His working on the water pump was especially funny.

Tell your Sis all of us on the board said Happy Birthday.

Thanks, Stumpy. It was her Sweet 16th, so it was a pretty special night for us all. She's had a rough time the past six months, becoming very, very sick back in October, culminating in a visit to the hospital and being diagnosed with diabetes. Since then, she's necessarily had to adjust to a whole new lifestyle, and she's been a real trooper in putting up with all the shots, readings, watching her diet, ect.

So in that sense, it was great just to be able to have her here with us. It was a very special night, and we all had a great time.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• I have been busy watching movie's. Hulk, Full Metal Jacket, Carlito's Way, Spartacus, and many more that I cannot remember.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I never cease to be amazed at the genius of the writers of the show - held my interest the whole time, and still leaves me wanting more.

I hope Magnum's writers are more inventive than those of "Miami Vice" and "Rockford Files". I bought the entire run of both those series and during the last season or so of both, the episode plots got pretty lousy.

• The Illusionist starting Edward Norton.
    this is a very good film with a great ending.for some reason I did not want to sit and watch this film at first. glad I changed my thick head.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• The Kirk Alyn Superman Serials are excellent. There are two different Alyn Superman Serials in case you are not aware of it? Same goes for the Batman Serials, there are two different ones. I used to have all these in order back-to-back on tape but, about 2 years ago, I got a bad case of "the stupids" and gave most of my tape collection away because I was tired of lugging them around. However, all is not lost as I still have two boxes full of them which im keeping.

Anyway, speaking of DC Comics Superheros. I recently purchased the entire series run of The Flash for about $15 bucks from Deep Discount DvD dot Com. I was surprised to see a Best Buy pricetag still on the package and it was priced at around $45 bucks.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..