Pet Peeves

There are 138 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 34,416 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Amen to that, Stumpy. Been there too. Another thing that gets my goat, is when you hold on to something for so long because you might need it in the future. Then, after years of never needing it, you get rid of it to make room for something else and wind up needing what you tossed two weeks later. ARG! :headbonk:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• During my lifetime, I sometimes think I've accumulated almost every hand tool, nail, screw, nut or bolt known to mankind but invariably when I need a certain size (or whatever), I can never find it. Therefore, I always go tearing over to the hardware store and buy the "right" one. Days or weeks later, I always come across the item I couldn't originally find. Sure gets aggravating sometimes. :fear2:

What's even more aggravating is knowing you have it "somewhere" and end up buying another one, and never even find the first one you know you have.

Another thing that gets my goat, is when you hold on to something for so long because you might need it in the future. Then, after years of never needing it, you get rid of it to make room for something else and wind up needing what you tossed two weeks later. ARG! :headbonk:

All I can say to that is :headbonk: :headbonk:!! I REALLY hate when that happens!

Chester :newyear:

• when you re stood in a bank and you re rushed for time and all you want to do is pay a little bit of money in and the person in front of you seems to be doing their entire life s banking..paying a bit in to this account, a bit out of that one into another one (which incidentally they ve forgotten the account number to), querying their charges, ordering new books and cards and then just when you think they ve finished they start talking to the cashier (who they are always on first named terms with) about their holiday, children, dog, cat, what they had for dinner last night...occasionally they ll turn round just to make sure they re giving themselves as wide an audience as possible

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• when you re stood in a bank and you re rushed for time and all you want to do is pay a little bit of money in and the person in front of you seems to be doing their entire life s banking..paying a bit in to this account, a bit out of that one into another one (which incidentally they ve forgotten the account number to), querying their charges, ordering new books and cards and then just when you think they ve finished they start talking to the cashier (who they are always on first named terms with) about their holiday, children, dog, cat, what they had for dinner last night...occasionally they ll turn round just to make sure they re giving themselves as wide an audience as possible

The way you describe the bank customers visiting with the tellers, like they're old long-lost friends, sounds exactly like what goes on in my hometown, badger. But I live in a very small, rural community where such everyday visiting has been a common practice for a hundred years. Do you live in such a small town?

After I retired from the military, the family and I bought a house and settled in Dallas, a very large city, for about 8 years. I finally got sick of the frenetic lifestyle and moved my family to a country setting. Man, that much more relaxed atmosphere took some real getting used to.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• This is definitely a pet peeve.

When I was in the military, we old-timers had a saying "Everything the government (meaning the politicians) touches turns to sh_t". IMO, daylight saving time is a perfect example.

• There was a report the other day that Daylight Savings Time affects our health because it upsets our circadian rhythm. Our congressidiots are a bunch of hypocrites. On the one hand they talk about health care and on the other, with the time change, they are causing health problems!

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• When you get out a new roll of toilet paper and have to waist three or four rounds just trying to find where the darn thing actually starts.

When you buy a pack of sodas that has the plastic strip around it that you are supposed to be able to grab the tab at the end and pull all the way across and it will release all the ones on that side - NOT!!!! Has anyone EVER experienced this ACTUALLY happening properly - NO

When you have been thinking about ordering a certain item at your favorite restaurant for a week and finally you are at the table - I'll have the potatoe crusted salmon - I'm sorry - WERE OUT OF SALMON tonight!

My biggest one lately has (and this is in no way a personal attack on anyone here that smokes) been while I'm riding my motorcycle. It makes my heart sing when I'm cruising down the road and the person in the car in front of me rolls down the window and flips out a lit cigarette butt. Not good. Not good at all.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

• My biggest one lately has (and this is in no way a personal attack on anyone here that smokes) been while I'm riding my motorcycle. It makes my heart sing when I'm cruising down the road and the person in the car in front of me rolls down the window and flips out a lit cigarette butt. Not good. Not good at all.

I thought all cars had ash trays!:rolleyes: I put loose coins, paper clips, etc. in mine since I don't smoke.

"Not hardly!!!"

• Makes you want to go back to two cans and a string, doesn't it?

The telecom companies with which I've done business over the years are among my least favorite businesses. And AT&T heads that list. They treat customers like dirt because they know there are few alternatives to their service.

• Thats why i still have a house phone stumpy. Cell phones are a pet peeve in itself, used to be everything could wait till you got home from work, nowadays people act like they have to know everything right now even if theres nothing they can do about it or it has nothing to do with them. I always tease my coworker cause he slows down to call his wife to tell her hes 5 miles from the ranch and hes on his way home. Heck hed be home by the time he made the call if he didnt slow down. I hate cell phone and cell dependence its a disease lol. Thats my pet peeve.

• Thats why i still have a house phone stumpy. Cell phones are a pet peeve in itself, used to be everything could wait till you got home from work, nowadays people act like they have to know everything right now even if theres nothing they can do about it or it has nothing to do with them. I always tease my coworker cause he slows down to call his wife to tell her hes 5 miles from the ranch and hes on his way home. Heck hed be home by the time he made the call if he didnt slow down. I hate cell phone and cell dependence its a disease lol. Thats my pet peeve.

Amen to that!!! I have no desire for a cell phone whatsoever. I'm just waiting for some jerk to plow into me on the road because he is on his cellphone.

"Not hardly!!!"

• Cell phones are a pet peeve. I hate cell phone and cell dependence its a disease lol. Thats my pet peeve.

Steve,
    If you read back through this thread, you'll see that almost everyone who has posted in the thread, from it's very beginning, has expressed distaste for cell phones. We especially look with disfavor upon people who use them while driving. The Texas legislature, which meets only every two years, is considering a bill that would outlaw cell phone use while driving. I wrote my state senator and state representative about 7 or 8 months ago and in the strongest terms, urged them to push for a ban on cell phone use while driving. I've read, though, that the stinkin' telecom companies are lobbying against the bill and since they have all the money, they'll probably win.

• The other thing about cell phones. And it sounds like im joking, but I honostly dont know who the heck would want to be found that easy. Ive always tried my best to be as hard to find as possible, its more peaceful. Seriously. Theres occasions when i literally unplug my house phone cause I find it annoying lol. And why people think kids need them is very much beyond me.