Barbara Walters Interview With The Duke?

There are 56 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 43,616 times. The latest Post () was by JoonDay.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hey guys, have a look here http://www.skyecast.com/group/duke/ You'll find a better copy of the John Wayne interview portion of the Barbara Walters Legends special.

I created a John Wayne group over at SkyeCast.com

hello Kevin

and thanks! I am trying as you know, to get a bit more technical to share some of the stuff I have.

So Thanks again for your help with that also.

Elly

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• Oh my gosh - I almost started crying while watching this interview clip. And, I would have loved to have been in the wings when it was over to inform Mr. Wayne that he was absolutely a very attractive 71 year young man! hubba hubba....thanks for the link.:wink:

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

• Because GT12Pack is so gracious, we now have the complete interview audio. I have included it below, but the quality is not the best, as it was pulled from a cassette tape, but I did my best to clean it up.

Right click on the link below and choose save.

Barbara Walters interview with the Duke - 16:51

• Did he ever have any cosmetic surgery?

I watched a program once on one of the cable channels called hollywood knives. Pilar was on there and said that JW had surgery to remove his neck jowls.

Elly

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• Because GT12Pack is so gracious, we now have the complete interview audio. I have included it below, but the quality is not the best, as it was pulled from a cassette tape, but I did my best to clean it up.

Right click on the link below and choose save.

Barbara Walters interview with the Duke - 16:51

Thank you too Kevin for hosting it.

GT12Pack - a man after my own heart. I would gladly share anything in my collection with everyone and hope we can organise more of it.

Elly

• Hi Elly

Yes, I heard that John Wayne had some kind of cosmetic work done on his face. I think it might have been early 1970's. If you look at him in Rio Lobo he looks incredibly young for and man in his sixties.

Mike

• Gt and Kevin,
    Great Job on putting the interview up for all of us to see and hear Again !
    :closedeyes:
    That was Duke all the way, and the way He talked when He was not following a Script. He would always Pause and Think about what He way going to Say before He Said It !
    :wink_smile:
    Bill
    :cowboy:

• Thanks very much, GT and Kevin. That's what I love about this board. Everyone sharing information and knowledge. It would be neat if there can be a way to share your audios with the board, Elly. You are so kind to offer. You're contribution to this board is so appreciated by us.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Argh, I can't hear anything either. The libray is supposed to have headphones but this one im at does not. grrrr.

Thanks GT for getting this to Kevin for placing here though. I reckon one of these months, i'll get to here it here too ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Thanks for the complete interview gt and Kevin. As much as I liked hearing this, I wish someone or myself could find the video to go along with it.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hi Elly

Yes, I heard that John Wayne had some kind of cosmetic work done on his face. I think it might have been early 1970's. If you look at him in Rio Lobo he looks incredibly young for and man in his sixties.

Mike

You're right Mike, he did look young for a man who was nearly 63 in Rio Lobo (although I did think he looked somewhat ill in that film).

Is it just me, or did Duke look younger in The War Wagon than he had in El Dorado?

• In the late 1960s Duke had cosmetic work done around His Eyes to get rid of all the Lines that He was getting around His Eyes.
    :glare:
    Duke was Not At All Happy about the fact that He ended up with 2 Black Eyes, and Wore Big Dark Glasses for about 2 Weeks !
    :shades_smile:
    Duke was a People Person and Did Not like Hidding Out for those 2 Weeks !!!
    :yeaahh:
    Chilibill

:cowboy:

• Thanks for the complete interview gt and Kevin. As much as I liked hearing this, I wish someone or myself could find the video to go along with it.

hi

I have 2 copies on DVD. In fact I have posted a list of everything I have ( and am looking for) on this board. I would be willing to trade a copy.

• Wow! I really loved what he said about speaking his mind, and to h*** with the liberal media. I think it was funny that Barbara Walters thought he should keep things to himself because of how influential he might be. Look at all the Hollywierd stars nowadays who think they SHOULD speak out because of their 'influence.'

But sad to see him so thin, and know that shortly after this interview, he was gone . . . :cry2:.

Mrs. C :angel1: