Speaking of actors names Victor--who is your favorite?

There are 24 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,309 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Vote for you favorite Victor 18

1. Victor McLaglen (12) 67%
    2. Victor French (3) 17%
    3. Victor Mature (1) 6%
    4. Vic Morrow (1) 6%
    5. Vic Damone (1) 6%
    6. Other Victor (0) 0%

Speaking of Victor French in the 60's TV series thread--made me think of this.

Who of the following Victors--is your favorite Victor? To qualify--he did NOT have to have been in a Duke movie.

Victor French.
    Victor McLaglen.
    Victor Mature.
    Victor Tayback.
    Vic Morrow.
    Vic Damone.

All are now gone as far as I know except for Vic Damone. All were great in whatever I saw them in. Anyway, do you have any favorites from this list? Too difficult for me to choose for certain but, for me, four of these are above two others and of the four, my favorite is probably going to be Vic Morrow VERY closely followed by Victor Tayback. Then again, I can't be too sure of that either :glare:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Is this a poll?

I was wanting to make a poll, but the library computer somehow would not let me make one--I was kicked out of the system but not logged off--which I thought was strange.

If you can make a poll for me--i'd gladly see if I could delete this thread :wink_smile:

• This is for you Carl. I fixed this up for all to vote. So now you can come in and vote for your favorite Victor. I'll start out and say Victor French. Not so much because he was in a movie with Duke but because how can you forget him as Isiah Edwards in Little House on the Prairie. That was a good TV series no matter how you felt about Michael Landon.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• For me vote was simple, becouse I haven't saw other Victors, or may be didn't remember them. So Victor MacLaglen - anyway I always liked him.
    Regards,
    Senta

• Thanks for making it into a poll Mike ;-)) :thumbs_up: I liked both of them in LhotP as well as in the TV series that Landon was an Angel.

For Vera,

Vic Morrow was a VERY good actor and one of his best movies as a street "tough" in the movie: Blackboard Jungle w/ Glenn Ford & Sidney Poitier. Vic Morrow also was one of two prominant characters in the great TV series: COMBAT--with Rich Jason. COMBAT is a series about WWII and he played the character: Sgt. Chip Saunders.

Vic Damone was more of a singer but acted ina few good movies like: Hell To Eternity w/ Jeffrey Hunter.

Victor Tayback was great in his character role in the TV series Alice. He played a Diner owner named Mel. God he was a great at anything I saw him in. If you ever get to see "Alice" Mel Sharples, wore the white, Navy, Donald Duck cap.

Victor Mature, was a great American actor. He was in movies like: Sansom and Deliliah and The Glory Brigade oh and the great gangster flick: Kiss of Death--which was Richard Widmarks first movie.

• This poll, on a John Wayne forum, is obviously going to be biased toward Victor McLaglen :biggrin:.

Any guy who has a motorcycle drill team named after him has to get the nod! :teeth_smile:

http://www.thevmmc.com/history.htm

Tbone, reading the history of this motorcycle group was quite interesting. I appreciate the link.

Chester :newyear:

• Sorry Ringo. can't remember ever watching Combat.

Chester :newyear:

Oooo, you missed out on a great TV series. :wink_smile: All but one season is in glorious black & white. If I can ever afford to get the entire season which is about $200 at DDDvD, I will gladly send you the dvds I now have--which are the first 1 & 1/2 seasons. The first season is my favorite so far. The Comedian Shecky Greene--really stole the show and was great in it. This show had many many great guest stars in it including: Lee Marvin, Charles Bronson, Warren Stevens, Claude Akins and James Coburn.

• Ringo;

You mentioned Victor Mature in Samson and Delilah, and Kiss of Death. Surely you must have seen him in My Darling Clementine!
    Perhaps the best portrayal of Doc Holliday ever put on screen!!
    My two cents!! And yes Combat was an awesome series, I remember it well, still watch it when I can on TV. If I remember right it aired on Tuesday's at 7:30...

Regards
    Ethan

Don't Believe In Surrenders!!!!!

• Hi Ethan, Jay,

Ethan, I have to agree with you on Victor Mature's performance in MDC, as Doc.H. I liked him better than Kirk Douglas-who comes in in a very close second; though.

Lucky man you, actually having a channel that still plays COMBAT! The last time it was on in my area, was when we had the Plex Channel, which had two episodes of COMBAT every Tuesday. I'd set the VCR before going to work and when I got home, i'd stay up and watch both episodes. Vic Morrow sure was a great actor. Sure is sad that he was killed on the set while making: The Twilight Zone movie. :-((

Jay, thanks for the extra "Victor" The only thing I ever remember seeing Victor Bouno in, were a few episodes of Batman. I think he played: King Tut?