If You Were In A Duke Movie?

There are 13 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,948 times. The latest Post () was by kcurry01.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• IF YOU COULD HAVE CO-STARED IN A DUKE FILM WHICH ROLE WOULD YOU HAVE PLAYED. for me its jim bowie in the alamo. i'am just trying to have a little fun. that role fits my pistol.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• GREAT TOPIC BILL!!! I guess if I had a choice, I would've liked to have played Mississippi in El Dorado. That is a movie where everyone just seemed to have a good time making it.

Another choice would be Patrick Wayne in McLintock. That was another movie in which everyone seemed to be having a good time.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Don't think there's any co-starring roles I'd feel comfortable with. From smaller parts, Yakima Canutt's role in any b-western with lots of fast riding and jumping on and off horses

I don't believe in surrenders.

• If I could make the choice it would be Marshal McLintock in "Angel and the Badman" or Trooper Tyree in "Rio Grande"

I would settle for the Ben Johnson Roles in "Chisum" and "Train Robbers"

But they would put me in the Oliver Hardy or Red Buttons roles in "Fighting Kentuckian" and "Hatari!" (or the Tom Tyler Roles in "Red River" and "Stagecoach"...just on screen long enough to get shot down!)
    (bud)

• if i could have a role along side the duke it would have been in McLintock the role played be the indian " very funny ", or in She wore a Yellow ribbon " go hunt buffalo (think its spelt wrong), drink whiskey have fun"

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• I'm such a fan of the Quiet Man, I'd have picked one of the roles there.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Tough question---I think I would like to have played Dean Martin's role as Dude in Rio Bravo or any of the co-starring roles in The Longest Day.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I think it would have been fun to play Ward Bond's character in The Searchers, the Reverand Samual Jackson Clayton. Or Ben Johnson's roll in Chisum.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• This is really tough. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Stuart Whitman's part in The Commancheros (Paul Regret). Earl Holliman's part in The Sons of Katie Elder (Matt Elder). Robert Wlaker's part in The War Wagon (Robert Wlaker). Jim Hutton's part in The Green Berets (Louie Peterson) & Hellfighters (Greg Parker).

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I don't know if it would be my favorite, but definitely an interesting and fun role would be Gilhooley (Lee Marvin) in Donovan's Reef.