Most Disappointing Movie You Ever Saw.

There are 84 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 22,035 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• what movie could you not wait to see come out, then when you saw it was a big let down. for me it's THE AVENGERS with RALPH FIENNES,UMA THURMAN & SEAN CONNERY. what a waste of a movie of one of my all time great tv series.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• First one that comes to mind is Pink Floyd's "The Wall" I guess my biggest mistake with this movie was seeing it straight...

Second was "Pulp Fiction" .. that movie didn't come close to living up to the hype... well at least for me...

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Geeze, this is kinda difficult to answer. There are many I thought was thoroughly a waste of time and money.

Some real stinkers included but are not limited to: Battle For the Last Panzer, A Clockwork Orange, The Tin Drum, Massacre at Fort Holman, White Comanchie w/ William (Capt James T. Kirk) Shatner playing twins-one was an Indian-the other was a white man, Pearl Harbor (all of it except for the battle scenes) both versions of: The Thin Red Line, and the list could go on.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Several actors of the Duke's generation I liked almost as much as him. I imagine they were also favorites of most folks on this board. Henry Fonda, Gregory Peck, Jimmy Stewart and others. But I'd have to say that movies with which I was most disappointed were made by these icons because naturally, I expected better from them. Some films featuring the aforementioned actors that really disappointed me were: "MacKenna's Gold", "The Snows of Kilimanjaro", "The Cheyenne Social Club", "Battle of the Bulge", "Firecreek" and "Harvey". There have been other disappointments but those were the main ones.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Several actors of the Duke's generation I liked almost as much as him. I imagine they were also favorites of most folks on this board. Henry Fonda, Gregory Peck, Jimmy Stewart and others. But I'd have to say that movies with which I was most disappointed were made by these icons because naturally, I expected better from them. Some films featuring the aforementioned actors that really disappointed me were: "MacKenna's Gold", "The Snows of Kilimanjaro", "The Cheyenne Social Club", "Battle of the Bulge", "Firecreek" and "Harvey". There have been other disappointments but those were the main ones.

"Harvey," this is one of my favourite movies and Stewart is terrific in it, I suppose its back to that old adage of 'different strokes for different folks'.

I'm also going to really annoy you Stumpy by telling you that I have always found "MacKenna's Gold," thoroughly enjoyable, not Oscar material but certainly not a turkey in my opinion.

A movie that did not live up to the hype for me was "Shrek," I thought it was really lame and could not watch the movie to the end.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• To be honest, Walk The Line was quite disappointing for me. It's a great film, there's no doubt about it. I guess as a Cash fan, I was expecting Joaquin Phoenix to sound more like Johnny than he did. Cash's voice changed throughout his career, and Joaquin was monotone throughout the whole film. I believe so anyway. Others may not agree with me, but for all the hype it got, I don't believe it lived up to it for me. The acting was great, I just didn't like Joaquin's singing

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• You had lots of company in your praise and liking for "Harvey", Rob. The critics loved it. I just never could get into it for some reason.

As for "MacKennas Gold", we'll just have to agree to disagree on that. IMO, it was sure not one of Gregory Peck's (or Omar Sharif's) better efforts. What's funny is that I absolutely loved the original story from which the film was made and had high hopes for the movie but was greatly disappointed. Greg made several Westerns that I really liked a lot. That was just not one of 'em. I think my favorite Peck Western was "The Stalking Moon", closely followed by "The Gunfighter". "Duel in the Sun" and "The Bravados" weren't bad either.

• Stumpy

Have you ever seen "Big Country," with Peck this is an absolute gem of a western.

:agent:

You're right. In fact, it's my favorite Peck Western (I had just forgotten about it) followed by those others I named. The entire cast in "The Big Country" was marvelous and I thought Chuck Connors should have won the Oscar instead of Burl Ives. Chuck was a wonderful rat in that movie. I thought Jean Simmons was one of the most beautiful women ever to grace the silver screen.

• There was another Western with Glenn Ford that I thought was a horrible movie but I'll be darned if I can even remember the name. "Might have been "Day of the Evil Gun" but I'm not sure. (that tells you how bad it was - when I, an aficionado of western films, cannot even remember the name, you'd better believe it was bad :wink:) And Glenn Ford was another of my favorite actors so that's why it was so disappointing.

• To be honest, Walk The Line was quite disappointing for me. It's a great film, there's no doubt about it. I guess as a Cash fan, I was expecting Joaquin Phoenix to sound more like Johnny than he did. Cash's voice changed throughout his career, and Joaquin was monotone throughout the whole film. I believe so anyway. Others may not agree with me, but for all the hype it got, I don't believe it lived up to it for me. The acting was great, I just didn't like Joaquin's singing

Bek, sorry to hear that you were disappointed in "Walk The Line". My wife and I loved it and it has become a regular disc in our movie "rotation". And here is the real kicker, we liked the music as well. I think Joaquin did an excellent job of portraying Johnny Cash and he should have won the Oscar over that goofy Phillip Seymour Hoffman in "Capote".

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I agree that he did an excellent job portraying him, and should've won over Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Now I come to think of it, It was more certain songs I didn't like, I did enjoy "Cry, Cry, Cry" & "Cocaine Blues".
    Personally I would've liked if it had of continued a bit further into his life, not just to when he married June. I do like it, just didn't enjoy it as mich as i thought i would.

The youngest member of the JWMB! And proud Cowgirl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• The Blair Witch Project was really disappointing to me. I heard a lot of hype and it was stupid.

Star Wars was another one. Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie, and I did like it. I didn't see it when it first can out. As a matter of fact I didn't see it until about a year later, and so many people told me how you had to see this movie a dozen times before you get, when I finally saw the movie, I got it, and was disappointed in it. It wasn't what I thought. And I don't think I've seen it a dozen times yet. I do have a copy of the earliest Star Wars movies.

Cheer :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I never cared for the Lord of the Rings films. I saw the first one in the cinema, was bored stiff and fell asleep at one point and never bothered to watch the 2 other films. Also was very dissapointed with the Avengers, The English Patient, anything with Brad Pitt (except Seven), Titanic was a HUGE dissapointment. I'm sure there are more but can't think at the moment.