Most Disappointing Movie You Ever Saw.

There are 84 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 22,045 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Welcome To Hard Times w/ Henry Fonda, Keenany Wynn and Aldo Ray; smelled worse than a Skunk. In other words: it suked Prune Pits.

All the more recently, I purchased a Western movie called: Three Violent People which stars: Charlton Heston, Gilbert Roland, Bruce Bennett and Jameel Farah also known as: Jamie Farr was dissippointing but i'll give it another watching later on and see if that changes things? I liked all of the cast members so I guess my expectations were set too high-being this was the first time I ever saw this movie.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• The latest outing of Indiana Jones I'm sorry to report left me most unimpressed.

I cant really remember disappointing movies but I had hoped for great things of 2001 considering all the rave reviews I think I fell alsleep somewhere about the apes prancing about!!

• When I purchased The Aviator with Leonardo DiCaprio, I was looking forward to the history and hey day of the early to mid 20th Century of America, but no matter how much I want to like DiCaprio, I can't. He is not a good actor, and I don't like what he does. It surprises me that he hasn't won an Oscar because they have been so off target with everything for the last several years. But he can't win and I do understand why. He is not good and this movie is not so great.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• The Aviator starts well but just fizzles out after about a hour. The Howard Hughes documentary is about the best thing on the DVD extras. I remember a TV movie of Hughes life with I think Tommy Lee Jones in the role and it was much more satisfying to watch.

• Braveheart was the worst film I ever saw because it was just a stupid, badly acted, historically worthless piece of crap. The Patriot was pretty bad as well.

• Because I flatly refuse to see any movie based on a comic book and I suppose that I'm a skeptic by nature, I don't look forward to too many movies.
    Gladiator was probably the most disappointing in a long time. The battle scenes were all hand held, confusing and truncated. When someone ordered "Unleash Hell" during the first battle, it was followed by a shot of a running dog. Naturally, I thought the dog was named "Hell".
    For no particular reason, the aerial view of Rome was tinted the color blue and one more scene of Commodus lusting over his sister would have sent me to the concession stand.
    I think it's interesting that Ridley Scott didn't pick up an Oscar for directing. He was constantly calling attention to himself with lousy direction which is something only a novice or a hack would do.
    Come to think of it, there haven't been many great movies since "The Shootist"

We deal in lead, friend.

• Are you Jewish?

Nah, just a hater. :))):

I happen to like Mel Gibson's movies. But I have the ability to separate the actor on screen and the man in life. Gladiator....loved it. The Patriot...watched a half dozen times.

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• I happen to like Mel Gibson's movies.

Me too, Mark. I thought "Braveheart" was a wonderful, inspirational (to freedom-loving people everywhere) film, as was "The Patriot".

Have you ever seen Mel's "Apocalypto"? That's also a very good Gibson-directed movie. Different too.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I was surprised they turned King Edward II into some effeminate homosexual when in reality he fathered at least 5 children by two different women. If I were Scottish I would certainly have been offended by the way the film portrayed King Robert the Bruce.

• Stumpy, I loved Apocalypto! I went into it not expecting to enjoy it, for I heard it was all subtitled. But I got hooked very quickly and have watched it several times.

I hope Mel gets lung cancer.

JohnWayneFan4Life, I hope you can learn to control yourself a little with your phrasing, as I have had two members of my family die from lung cancer, and it isn't pretty. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Not one bit. Please don't take this as criticism, just a friendly request. Thanks.

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "