Sheriff Brody is Dead

There are 18 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 7,747 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I will always remember him as Sheriff Brody in Jaws but he was always an reliable hardworking actor. I enjoyed his work in French Connection, Marathon Man, The Seven Ups, Blue Thunder and SeaQuest DSV amongst others.

Rest in Peace Roy

Jaws star Roy Scheider dies at 75

Scheider was one of Hollywood's biggest stars of the 1970s
    Scheider in Jaws

Obituary: Roy Scheider

US actor Roy Scheider, best known for playing the police chief in the Jaws movies, has died at the age of 75.
    As well as starring in the first two shark thrillers, Scheider received two Oscar nominations during his career.
    He was up for best supporting actor for The French Connection in 1972 and best actor for 1979's All That Jazz.
    He died in hospital in Little Rock, Arkansas. He had been treated there for multiple myeloma, a cancer of the plasma cell, for the past two years.
    Scheider's Jaws co-star Richard Dreyfuss said: "He was a wonderful guy. He was what I call a knockaround actor.
    "A knockaround actor to me is a compliment that means a professional that lives the life of a professional actor and doesn't yell and scream at the fates and does his job and does it as well as he can."
    First blockbuster Jaws, released in 1975, was directed by Steven Spielberg and was the first film to make $100m (£51m) at the box office.

• Yes, both "Jaws" and "French Connection" rank among my favorite films and Roy had much to do with that. He was great in both movies. (Though I didn't care for the sequels to either movie)

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Though 2010 is not a classic, I thought he had a credible performance. He sort of fit as a modern version of Dr. Heywood Floyd.

I just bought a 46' LCD HDTV and really need to give Jaws and French Connection a try!

RIP

• Roy Scheider was truely a great actor. I didn't see anything that I didn't like him in. I feel he lived a good life and long. May he Rest In Peace.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• RIP Roy

I did enjoy him in the "Jaws" films and "The French Connection". Anyone remember the movie "Blue Thunder" ? I always think of Jaws and Blue Thunder when someone mentions Roy's name.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I too thought he was great in Jaws. I was 3 when it came out and had nightmares for quite sometime.

Also, I was going to mention: Blue Thunder. I bought that movie a few months ago and also watched the extra features. Roy was interviewed and you could tell that he was not doing so well health-wise.

Rest in Peace Roy.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• will always remember him for his movie blue thunder it was one of his best. heard something about jaws on the radio today but really wasnt tuned in they must have been talking about him

may he rest in peace

smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• May he rest in peace. A fine actor.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."