Happy 4th Of July

There are 86 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 21,303 times. The latest Post () was by badger.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Our country has made it through another year. We may stumble once in awhile but I can think of no other place I would like to live.

Proud to be the Country of John Wayne.

God Bless America and all of our friends throughout the world who have stood beside us.

Thought I would add a little local weather:

Forecast for Parker, Arizona:
    307 AM MST MON JUL 4 2005

Hight Temp for today and tomorrow 113 degrees.
    Low Temp for tonight and tomorrow night 76

The only time you bow down to someone is when you bend over to help them up!

• Chisum,

Thanks for your thoughtful remarks regarding this wonderful country. I couldn't have said it better myself. And it's good to see you here - it's been awhile :rolleyes: .

Originally posted by Chisum@Jul 4 2005, 12:39 PM
    Thought I would add a little local weather:
    Forecast for Parker, Arizona:
    307 AM MST MON JUL 4 2005
    High Temp for today and tomorrow 113 degrees.
    Low Temp for tonight and tomorrow night 76

[snapback]18562[/snapback]

With respect to your weather report - are you bragging or complaining? :D

Chester :newyear:

• There is good news for this hot month. For those of us who get - the Hallmark Channel it is western month with many great old western's including several of the Duke's don't have a schedule so if you get it just check the listings for your area. Also if you get AMC (american movie classic's) the 16th and 17th of July is John Wayne Weekend - with his movies all day both days and at 8 PM (EST - in the US) there is going to be a restored movie that has not been seen in years, the 16th it is Island in the Sky, the 17th it is The High and the Mighty - so here is to staying in out of the heat and watching lots of great movies. :cowboy:

• Thanks Chisum for that. I just wanted to say that I;m glad to see you back. It's been a while since we've seen you, and hope to see more of you. Hope you had a great 4th of July.

It's great to be an American and have John Wayne as part of it even today.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hello All
    Smokey its well past your birthday now and so belated best wishes are the best I can do. In Canada (BC) we are enjoying some of the years best weather at the time of your birthday. My family often goes up to a lake with 800 miles of shoreline, and on July 4th a lot of American visitors are holidaying on that lake. Naturally they bring their traditions with them and fireworks is one of them. In an interesting progresion many Canadians have taken to sending fireworks out from shore and not just on July 4th. Many a night we sit around the beach fire pit in front of the old cabin and watch a free show. It hadn't occurred to me until I read your post but now I wonder if you folks down under enjoy fireworks and when you do. In Canada Halloween is the big day, pardon what may seem a dumb question but do you guys do Halloween. Kilo

Greetings from North of the 49th

• hi kilo

we do have fireworks but only at big shows like christmas, new year (these are both done over the river in brisbane) and some of the local big shows these shows are where the farmers get to show off their price animals and such. at any other time we have to apply to the local council for the ok. in the ACT they are allowed to have fireworks only on the queens birthday weekend ( which is in the middle of winter) as far as i know in all of the other states and territories you have to apply to your local council who will then say yes or no, you also have to have a licenced pirotechnic person to set it up. i know in my state it is against the law to fire off fireworks and if you are caught doing so you can get either a fine and or a jail term, we normally have a high fire risk listing so that is why we dont have fireworks all of the time.

halloween well what can one say some of the children do it but not many we just dont have it down here, if you live in an area where there are a lot of americians living you might do it but normally we dont, they sell the stuff in the shops but it hasnt taken off as of yet and there is a lot of the stuff left afterwards, most of us dont even do up our houses the main time for that is at christmas when we dress up the outsides of the houses with lights and things in the yards, at my parents place we put up about 30 strings of lights, 3 arches and cut outs all through the yard of santa, reindeer and elfs. the number of strings of lights changes each year as my dad likes to have the front yard like a fairy land with all of the coloured lights on he (well i should say we) put them up on the front of the house and all through the trees and around the pathways and driveway we start this in november so that they are all up by december remember its hot when we are doing this so we only put up about 4-5 strings each weekend.

hope this helps you out have fun at your lake

hooroo smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hello All
    Hi AEC23 do they still have JW's recitation of the Pledge and do you or anyone else know, if its available on cassette Kilo

Greetings from North of the 49th

• kilo,

That is from the album John Wayne: America, Why I Love Her. It is a production of Duke reading some of the greatest lines in American history. It is still out on cassette and CD. I have my copy and so do many here on the board. You can find it on line at Amazon.com, and other places. You might find it at the record stores. I don't think you'll find it in Wal-Mart. At least it wasn't in mine.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hi Mike,
    I am sure, and most of our friends will agree,
    JOHN WAYNE:AMERICA WHY I LOVE HER,
    is a fantastic album,
    with the words written, by John Mitchum,
    and Dukes' wonderfully rich voice,
    the whole CD is a wonderful experience.

'My hope and prayer is that everyone know and love our country
    for what she really is and what she stands for.May we nurture her strengths
    and strengthen her weaknesses so that she will always be a
    'Land of the free, and Home of the Brave'