General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

There are 3,145 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,159,090 times. The latest Post () was by Mboat.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Yes it was Ed that almost lost his home... I believe Trump bought the house and leased it back to him, just to help Ed out.

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Here is a Funny Video Clip of Ed and Johnny to Remember Ed McMahon with !
    :teeth_smile:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

Thanks Bill, that brings back some good memories.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Rest in peace, Ed.

I sure wish I had met Ed bringing one of those Sweepstakes checks to my door. :wink_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Just wanted to mention that Virginia Shahan, widow of Happy Shahan and owner of Alamo Village in Brackettville Texas, passed away last night. I don't know how old she was, near 90 or so, I think but, I guess last week, she fell and broke her leg and was to go through extensive rehab and but, she just wanted to go home and be in her own bed. When she got there, she said, "it's about time". She died later in the night.
    Of course, as we all know, it was her husband Happy Shahan, who convinced Duke to build his Alamo and San Antonio set on his ranch and to film The Alamo there. Afterwards the Shahans turned it into a continuing movie set and tourist attraction. Virginia had been running the place since Happy died some years back. And in the last few years she put up Alamo Village for sale. Supposedly, she had a buyer who planned to renovate the Alamo compound back to it's original look from when Duke built it. He was going to put in electricity and new bathrooms and plumbing and add some new tourist attractions to it, like a train from the main entrance to the village. But that was over a year ago and there hasn't been much said about it lately.

• Michael Jackson had a heart attack, was in cardiac arrest and according to his dad, was not very well at all. Right now, TMZ is saying he has died but, the major news sources aren't reporting it yet.

• Ed McMahon - sad, but he was pretty old

Farrah Fawcett - sad, but she's been battling cancer for three years

Michael Jackson - kind of a shock! Sad, because he wasn't so old, sad because he was so weird in his later years (such a nice-looking young man, obviously talented, to become so weird in the end).

May they all rest in peace!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• I imagine Jackson in his prime burned the candle at both ends, probably including a lot of drug use, and it caught up with him.

Sorry to hear about Farrah Fawcett, even though I've been expecting it since I knew she had cancer.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Rest in peace, Farah. I wasn't shocked about her. Like Stumpy, I was expecting it.

Now, Michael Jackson? That was a shocker. I will miss the entertainer in him.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Rest in peace, Farah. I wasn't shocked about her. Like Stumpy, I was expecting it.

Now, Michael Jackson? That was a shocker. I will miss the entertainer in him.

Mark

That's pretty sad I have grown up in the 80's so I've seen the beautiful Farah numerous times in TV Shows and of course listened to the music of Jackson. Thriller and Billy Jean are great songs. Later I've never cared anymore about him. R.I.P Michael and Farah.

"You're too good to give a chance to." John Wayne as Cole Thornton in El Dorado (1966)

• RIP Farrah. I grew uo with that famous poster on my wall. She was beautiful inside & outside.

As for Michael Jackson, like most, I'll miss the entertainer, but his life was full of lies, contrversey, drugs, as well as those 'other' allegations. I have a hard time believing that an innocent man would settle for $20 million in order for charges to be dropped & then a couple years later, another person alledges a similar act.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Monseur, you are a LuLu!" (The Comancheros)