Films You Watched Again and again Over the Years (10 times or more)

There are 131 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 52,791 times. The latest Post () was by colkid60.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• My wife just doesnt understand me:headbonk:

I don't think none of them really understand us guys!! But it goes both ways in my house!! :teeth_smile::wink_smile:

I enjoy watching the Bond movies over and over again. Duke films as well. The Great Escape, The Magnificent Seven, Seven Samurai, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Indiana Jones movies except number 2 and the last one, and most of Jimmy Stewarts Anthony Mann directed movies.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I forgot to come back to list more so here goes:

Pork Chop Hill,
    Horation Hornblower (Gregory Peck movie)
    The Longest Yard (Original)
    Escape From Alcatraz
    Full Metal Jacket.
    We Were Soldiers.
    Sink the Bismarck
    Objective Burma.
    The General (Buster Keaton)
    The Adventures of Robin Hood (Errol Flynn)
    Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo
    The Enemy Below.
    Witness For the Prosecution.
    The Caine Mutiny.
    12 Angry Men.
    My Darling Clementine.
    Gunfight At the OK Corral.
    The Mountain Men.
    55 Days AT Peking.
    El Cid.
    Zulu.
    The Great Escape.
    Where Eagles Dare.
    Kellys Heroes.
    BATTLEGROUND.
    The Story Of G.I.Joe.
    Black Hawk Down.
    From Here To Eternity.
    Vera Cruz.
    Sergeant York.
    Along Came Jones.
    Arrowhead.
    The Savage.
    The Naked Jungle.
    The Blackboard Jungle.
    The Asphalt Jungle.
    Earth vs the Flying Saucers.
    The Three Stooges in Orbit.
    Midway.
    Tora Tora Tora.
    Die Hard I & II only.
    Any of the Three Musketeer movies with Oliver Reed in them.
    Go For Broke.
    Target Zero.
    Death Wish 1-4.
    The Naked Gun movies.
    Mad Max.
    Swiss Family Robinson.
    Tobruk.
    Ice Cold In Alex.
    Dunkirk.
    Hondo.
    Big Jake.
    Rio Lobo.
    Rio Bravo.
    Rio Grande.
    Escape From Fort Bravo.
    TIME LIMIT ;-D
    Prisoner of War (Ronald Reagan and Steve Forrest)
    The Bridges AT Toko-Ri.
    Sand of Iwo Jima.
    The Battle of Britain.
    Gunga Din.
    Beau Geste.
    The Wreck of the Mary Deere.
    Pride of the Yankees.
    Major Dundee.
    The Wild Bunch.

and too many others to list.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Edited once, last by The Ringo Kid ().

• Holy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, Batman! My gosh, Ringo, that is alot of watching over and over again. And I thought I loved movies. :teeth_smile:

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Obviously John Wayne's movies are watched very frequently especially "El Dorado," "Comancheros," "The Quiet Man," and "Big Jake".

I rarely watch movies of John Wayne's in which he gets killed.

In addition to Dukes movies I particularly enjoy re-watching "The Magnificent 7," "Shane," and most of the James Bond movies.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi Mark, I had added a bunch more but I got booted off the site after the darn time flew by and in which it took more than about 15 minutes to type in-so I have not yet bothered to try posting those again. However, I will admit that I have probably seen in the neighborhood of about 200 movies many many times over and probably more. Ill be watching them many many more times over before all is over and done with and if the Lord allows me to go through Saint Peters gates when that time comes? ;-)) This will be due to the fact that almost nothing that comes from Hollywoodland these days-is worth watching-with few rare exceptions. I am looking forward to watching the new Star Trek, the Bielski Brothers and a few others-whenevertheheckthatwillhappen? ;-))

I almost forgot to mention that I have seen all the Johnny Weismuller Tarzan movies quite a few times too.

• I like to watch on top of the ones I listed in an earlier post;
    Fire over England
    Little Lord Fauntleroy
    Little General
    The Crusades
    Beyond Tomorrow
    The Left Hand of God
    Hard Rain
    Excalibur
    ......to name a few more.

• If it is not a JW movie, I can watch the Rocky movies and Jaws over and over.
    ANdy:teeth_smile:

:film: " When the legend becomes fact print the legend"

• My Movies:

"The Good The Bad and The Ugly"
    "Raiders Of The Lost Ark"
    "Escape From New York"
    "Rio Bravo"
    "The Searchers"
    "Fistful Of Dollars"
    "Star Trek: The Wrath Of Kahn"
    "High Plains Drifter"
    and A few others I'm sure

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• I've so many over and over and over again. Let's see, I seen; To Kill A Monkingbird, Rio Lobo, It's a Wonderful Life, Father Goose, The Parent Trap, McLintock!, The Searchers, The Quiet Man, Key Largo, Jaws. My gosh, I've seen so many. Mostly classics, but some of the more current ones as well. I've seen most of Duke's movies at least ten times, a lot of James Stewart, Maureen O'Hara, and Cary Grant. There are so many.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• How could I have not posted here yet? Anyway, my list will skewer a bit younger since after all I am a young whipper snapper.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II (1991)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993)
    X-Men (2000)
    Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (1994)
    Last Action Hero (1993)
    Superman: The Movie (1978)
    And various Duke movies
    Numerous Roy Rogers Movies
    Various Abbott and Costello movies

• Hi Mark, I had added a bunch more but I got booted off the site after the darn time flew by and in which it took more than about 15 minutes to type in-so I have not yet bothered to try posting those again. However, I will admit that I have probably seen in the neighborhood of about 200 movies many many times over and probably more. Ill be watching them many many more times over before all is over and done with and if the Lord allows me to go through Saint Peters gates when that time comes? ;-)) This will be due to the fact that almost nothing that comes from Hollywoodland these days-is worth watching-with few rare exceptions. I am looking forward to watching the new Star Trek, the Bielski Brothers and a few others-whenevertheheckthatwillhappen? ;-))

I almost forgot to mention that I have seen all the Johnny Weismuller Tarzan movies quite a few times too.

I'm with you, Ringo. Most of the ones on your list, I too have seen over and over and over. I think it's because they continue to entertain us to no end. I would rather watch one of them 100 times than to watch some of the garbage they bring out now. There are some great films that come every year but, it seems like about 75% of the movies nowadays, appeal to only young people. Seems like most of Hollywood thinks they are the only ones that go to the movies.

• HMMMM... Rio Bravo, El Dorado, Hondo, The Searchers, Hatari, The Cowboy Way, Harley Davidson and The Marlboro Man, Heartbreak Ridge.

It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts, It's being willing.

• Hi Jim, sorry I had not seen this before now to reply but, I completely agree with you. I'd rather watch one classic 100 times than watch 100 garbage movies even once. I find very few newer movies worth watching more than once. These include: Behind Enemy Lines w/ Owen Wilson and Gene Hackman, Black Hawk Down, We Were Soldiers w/ Mel Gibson, The Count Of Monte Cristo-the version that had Sir Richard Harris in it & oh so few others.

• Hello All We own or should I confess that I have bought a lot of movies over the years. I tend to watch a film that I have not seen for a while and that fits my mood.
    Having said that there are some that I rarely watch and some that are seen more often. My Cousin Vinny, Life as a House, Cool Runnings, Finding Forester ( I think Sean Connery was great in this one ), Gladiator, A League of their own, Master and Commander, The Milagro Beanfield War, Cannery Row.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Hi Kilo, nice that you mention Master and Commander. I bought it several months ago and keep forgetting to watch it ;-))

• Top of the month to you Ringo I think you will enjoy the film when you have time.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Cheers Murray, ill try to watch it tonight if I can finish the 2nd disc for Centennial before then ;-)) Im on the 4th Episode, and will probably get two more in Monday then Wednesday. I think I made a mistake in renting these because I forgot how long this mini-series is ;-)) It's been prett good so far but, I sure don't remember much of this series from my first two watchings of it. I could swear that it was soemwhat different? but apparently my memory is about gone? ;-))