What does your avatar mean to you?

There are 25 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,477 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I chose Mine because it's a still shot from one of my favorite southern films ever The Long Hot Summer and also in Honor of Paul Newman because that's one of my favorite movies he ever appeared in

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• I tried several ponies during a week in Estonia last summer; the pictured one (with me) was my favourite, fast and had most character

I don't believe in surrenders.

• Hi

I chose mine because it was drawn especially for me by an artist that I used to work with. I still have the original and I know that I have the only copy in the world.
    Not that its worth anything except sentimental value only

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• What can I say, it's Hondo, and a classic shot. I also really like this movie poster. It is one of my favorite.

Cheers :cool: Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• i browsed through a few photos of him and chose what i thought was the nicest - i like it because when it comes up next to my name it kind of makes me feel close to him

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• I chose the one I have to change things up a bit and also because Gregory Peck is one of my all-time most favorite actors. I plan on changing the Peck as Captn Horatio Hornblower pic for a Sir John Mills pic with him in either The Colditz Story or of him as the Corp in Dunkirk-if a pic can be found?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I chose mine because....well, it's my favorite picture of him. I have this picture on a metal sign also. Always loved this pose of him.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• i chose mine because its luckynedpepper after he's been " shot to pieces " by rooster cogburn

" I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man " True Grit

• Hi all,
    My Avatar is a print of J. Wayne's likeness by the illustrator in Japan.
    And, three characters on the right side is
    Japanese(kanji), and the meaning is a western.

Taka

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• great thanks for the replies guys

here's moving video tribute to Paul From Youtube

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Edited once, last by chester7777: "clean up" the link so it's clickable ().

• mine is a picture of a proudly prego Sarah Michelle Gellar who I believe to be one of those women who are more beautiful when they're with child and thank god she hasn't had to go through the heartache some other beautiful women have over the years losing one or multiple pregnancies

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• My avatar is a one of a kind pastel of Duke that was presented to him when he and Ethan opened the mine ride at Knott's Berry Farm in California. It is a large pastel, the likeness is perfect.
    Andy:teeth_smile:

:film: " When the legend becomes fact print the legend"

• It also has a bit more history behind it. It was done by Anna Bell, she and her husband Claude Bell owned the original portrait studio at Knott's Berry Farm. Claude was famous for making ALL the fiberglass people around the park. He was also the one who made the Cabazon Dinosaurs off Route 10 in California.
    Andy:teeth_smile:

:film: " When the legend becomes fact print the legend"

• Mine is a little different. It is from Sons of Katie Elder and John (Duke) is reading the inscription from his Mom's Bible.
    Just special to me having a picture of Duke reading the Bible.