Steven seagal

There are 45 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 20,283 times. The latest Post () was by jdukew.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Have followed the career of John Wayne for all of my life. It appears to me that the only actors out there today following in John Wayne's footsteps are Steven Seagal and Clint Eastwood which carry on the torch for heroic and tough guy roles as was John Wayne once :thumbs_up:

J Duke W :angel1:

Edited once, last by jdukew ().

• Have followed the career of John Wayne for all of my life. It appears to me that the only actors out there today following in John Wayne's footsteps are Steven Seagal and Clint Eastwood which carry on the torch for heroic and tough guy roles as was John Wayne once :thumbs_up:

I think the most members here believe in Clint Eastwood,
    as a worthy successor, but Steven Seagal??, good,
    but sorry not in the same league.

There was and is only one Duke, and not even Clint can match that!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• I like Steven Segal's martial art style but as far as him being in a league with Duke or Eastwood, I don't think so. I was very turned off when I learned he beat his, don't hate me because I'm beautiful, wife...Duke would put a woman over his knee, but never beat a woman....In my book, a real man would never, ever, beat a woman.

Just my opinion...

• Well if you look at the movies...
    John Wayne:

1. Always plays John Wayne (not a bad thing)
    2. Majority of the time plays the Strong good guy... the character may not always be good, but always tries to do the right thing...
    3. Has been accused of not being able to act.

Steven Seagal:

1. Always plays Steven Seagal
    2. Majority of the time plays the Strong good guy... the character may not always be good, but always tries to do the right thing...
    3. Has been accused of not being able to act.

See so it's not that far off :))):...

anyway.. it looks like Steven (even though it's a new show) has been and is a sheriff. To me this shows that he is letting his actions match his words...

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• Executive Decision is the best Seagal movie:wink_smile: in fact it takes off just after Stevie gets blown away.

Jason Statham (Transporter movies & Crank) would be my dark horse nomination. He does have something be it a sense of houmour and he does look a mad little critter that you wouldnt want to mess with.

He needs a big breakthrough movie like Clint or Duke.

Let face it if it wasnt for Stagecoach in Duke's case or Spaghetti movies & Dirty Harry for Clint would they have been offered the roles they later played.

• To be honest I don't rate Eastwood that highly, the good movie star he is, I feel with his last spate of movies he has become very overrated.

Seagal who?

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• I don't dislike Seagal, but he can't be placed
    in the same leahue as Duke.
    I liked him in
    Under Siege (1992) as Casey Ryback

Agree one thousand percent with both statements. He was excellent in "Under Siege" but just so-so in most of his other films. He was typecast as the baddest man around, which limited his range. I have to say though that I liked him better than the other a__-kickers.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Let face it if it wasnt for Spaghetti movies & Dirty Harry for Clint would he have been offered the roles he later played.

It's funny; there seems to be a consensus among movie buffs that the spaghetti westerns are what got Clint's career rolling but I didn't like those films at all. Now I really liked him as Dirty Harry (except the last in that series wasn't all that great). And oddly enough, although Westerns are by far my favorite genre and "Unforgiven" is considered his greatest Western, I didn't much care for that movie either. I liked him much better in "Pale Rider". He has become an excellent director, I think.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• It's funny; there seems to be a consensus among movie buffs that the spaghetti westerns are what got Clint's career rolling but I didn't like those films at all. Now I really liked him as Dirty Harry (except the last in that series wasn't all that great). And oddly enough, although Westerns are by far my favorite genre and "Unforgiven" is considered his greatest Western, I didn't much care for that movie either. I liked him much better in "Pale Rider". He has become an excellent director, I think.

I have to agree with this statement 100%. In fact outside of Bronco Billy, Pale Rider is my favorite Eastwood movie.

• Hello All I think that Under Siege was worth the money I paid to own it. I would like to see him with Morgan Freeman in a futuristic film dealing with colonies in another galaxy.

Greetings from North of the 49th

Edited once, last by kilo 6 ().

• I've heard this same rumor concerning Steven Seagal and it's never been documented nor proved in print nor on film nor on any video recording. Good to meet you and thanks for the reply. Therefore, Steven Seagal is a good person, actor, and does carry on the torch for iconic and heroic qualities in global cinema just as The Duke did

I like Steven Segal's martial art style but as far as him being in a league with Duke or Eastwood, I don't think so. I was very turned off when I learned he beat his, don't hate me because I'm beautiful, wife...Duke would put a woman over his knee, but never beat a woman....In my book, a real man would never, ever, beat a woman.

Just my opinion...

• I also thought seagal was good in Under SIege, as well as Marked For Death and Hard To Kill. Other than that, im not much of a fan of his and IMO-Eastwood can't be touched by this guy. Gimme Chuck Norris over Steven Seagal anyday ;-))

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Concurred. Steven Seagal is way better than Norris, Schwarzenegger, VanDamme, Speakman, Lundgren, The Rock, and so on:wink:

Agree one thousand percent with both statements. He was excellent in "Under Siege" but just so-so in most of his other films. He was typecast as the baddest man around, which limited his range. I have to say though that I liked him better than the other a__-kickers.

• Hello jdukew,

Actually there was news and it was in print about his physical abuse of his wife with her statement and police report and photos. I cannot remember her name but she has been in several movies and was the woman in the commercials where she said, Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Until I saw what was done to her by Steven I liked him more, but, after that I lost all respect for the man. It should be able to be pulled up online although I have never cared to see it again.

Honestly, I would love to discover it was all false as so much of what we see and read is...I still don't think he is even close to the Duke, but then, in my eyes and heart, no one is.

Edited once, last by Cindyrella: was not finished, hit wrong button...duh. :) ().

Concurred. Steven Seagal is way better than Norris, Schwarzenegger, VanDamme, Speakman, Lundgren, The Rock, and so on:wink:

Yeah, but that ain't setting the bar very high! :teeth_smile:

Kidding! Just kidding!