Update on Me.

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,479 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi All

As some of you may have noticed I am not on this site as often as I used to be, in fact it is a rare occasion indeed when I do post onto my favourite online website (DukeWayne).

At the end of 2009 I purchased my first and as of yet only house, this was a massive move on my behalf and one which involved much thought prior to the purchase. At present I have let the house out to a young family, I hope at some point in the future that I will have finances suffice to allow me move into this house myself.

I seem to spend most of my time working, I currently hold down two jobs which can involve long hours, usually up to 12 hours per day although I ensure that I am off every Sunday to spend time relaxing with friends and family.

I have a big job interview tomorrow within the company that I work for, the job would be a promotion if I got it and to be honest the work involved with the position would be both interesting and challenging and the pay-rise that I am hoping will come with it will be much needed indeed.

Overall life is good but very busy, however I simply love coming back to this forum and to all its great members.

Regards
    Robbie

• Good luck with the interview, Robbie. It's good you are willing to work for what you want, but don't wear yourself out doing it. Always make a little time for rest and relaxation.

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Rob,
    Ambition and a desire to better yourself are extremely admirable traits in today's world of so many who want the government to take care of them. But as Mark and PV advise, don't work yourself into the ground. Take some time for rest and relaxation also.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I'm very proud of you Robbie. Here we are seeing a man before us. You know your limitations, just use the sense you've been given, and do what you need to do. Just one advice; work smart, not hard. If you don't understand, that's alright, there are many that don't either. It is important that you take a step back and look at the big picture; reevaluate your direction, and make up your mind to achieve what you have learned in your life. If you need to talk, there are many here that will be glad to talk and/or listen to you. Just do so by e-mail, pm or even a phone call.

Your friend always, Mike
    Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Robbie - Looks like you're making some very good choices in life. Just don't get caught up in the rat race. Always leave some room for rest and relaxation.

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• good luck robbie, glad to see you doing well for yourself. just remember dont burn your candle at both ends and make time for yourself i call it "me time" you will find you will need it.

best of luck with the interview hope you get it

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Robbie,

We read your post last week, but seem to have neglected to respond!

First of all, congratulations on your new title of homeowner/landlord! What a huge step!! We wish you the best!

How did your interview go? We're waiting with bated breath to find out!

We're so proud of you! Since we've all been here, you've gone to college, gotten a job, and now bought a house! You've grown up before our eyes!

Keep up the good work, and keep us posted!

Excited for you,

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1: