Concern For Missing Members

There are 399 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 126,069 times. The latest Post () was by MichaelHarrison.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I know it's purt' near impossible to have a reunion or meeting with everyone here, but ya know, it sure would be nice to meet some of you folks. I know I'd really like to meet Kevin, and Stumpy, Hondo, Ethan, Ringo, Mr. and Mrs. Chester, Senta, Baby Sis, and a bunch of others. Especially Mr. William T. "Chili Bill" Brooks. I just love his web site. Next to here, it's the best place to get info on John Wayne. I could (and do) spend hours there.
    Colorado Bob

It would be nice to meet a few of you... at least some one us may meet in Winterset and Chester may meet some at his celebration out west. To get people together would be nearly impossible. I do remember back in the day when the Internet's main chat room was a place call WBS Chat. Many different rooms like thirtysomething, plolice, military, etc. I met my wife in Thirtysomething chat. The same group set up a party in Vegas and had a pretty good turnout. I had a business to run but some of them flew from both coasts. But it's a nice idea Bob.

• g'day everyone just to let you know have finished at long last, no results through yet but have been told that i have got at least 2 distinctions was aiming for 10 will know soon. still have to have the grad cermony. sorry i havent been here earlier but after the last few weeks and long nights looking up different laws to do with workplace health & ocupation, fire regulations, and other such things just could not face looking at the computer screen had to have a break to not only catch up with sleep but spend time with my little bloke. he has been such a treasure throughout all of this that i felt he needed to spend some time with me so we have been doing things like playing on his playstation and reading just such mundain things but so rewarding.

will hopefully catch up with a few of you in the chat room one day soon
    all the best to you all

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Welcome back Smokey!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Hey Smokey,

We should did miss you and glad you are doing so well. Love to hear how things are going. Don't stay away so long. It is not the same without our number 1 gal. Talk soon.

Cheers :cool: Mike a.k.a. Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• hi chester & mrs c

well to give you a quick run down on what i've been doing i have done work on profiling a retail market, this is where we had to come up with a concept for a shop and research how we would go about setting it up. this was done in pairs and with my partner we designed the layout of our store from front to back, what type of flooring we were to have, fittings for the store, uniforms for the staff, who we would get stock from. the store we desided on was a bookstore with a coffee shop in it as a complete business, it was decided that she would be incharge of the book side of the business and i would be incharge of the coffee shop side, we consulted each other on everything. we had to find out about suppliers for the business. we also had to look at the laws and regs for the area that we had choosen to set up the business, we had to profile our market base, how to promote the store through advertising, recruit staff and training that they would need as well as the new IR laws about employment, we also had to know all the laws about food handling and storage as well as fire regs like how many exits and sprinklers and such for the floor space used. for this course i also had to know how to build displays of products to make them appealing to the public walking past the windows, i also had to establish an understandiing of stock levels, the life cycle of products, security systems for stores as well as security for staff, how to build relationships with customers to encourage them to use the store, we also did some on financial management to get an understanding of the varible and fixed expenses of the business. we also had to find out what types of leaders there were and how effective they are in the workplace to do this we were asked to interview our bosses ( this is where i got one of my D's), we also had to develope and deliver training sessions, we had to analyse consumer behaviour so that we could design a shop layout for hotspots and cold spots. then we went into the other areas like fostering innovation in the workplace, and how to lead teams, managering people in the workplace and all that entails. as you can see it was complexed at times but the business we designed earned my partner and myself a Distinction that particular one ended un being about 30 pages long this included 8 appendixs.

hope this has helped you to understand what i have been up to for the last 18 months

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Thanks for raining the flag ejgreen.

I hadn't thought about kilo not being around for a while till you mentioned it.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Has anyone seen Baron? I sure do miss not hearing from him. Just wondering.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote