Ringo Kid update of sorts.

There are 323 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 61,949 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Happy thanksgiving to all our American Duke fans on this board, I hope you all have a great day.

Incidentally what date is thanksgiving on?

Robbie
    :agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Let's eat!! :kiwibird: (Kiwi Bird is all we have here on the board so it'll have to do!)

Thanksgiving is set for the second to the last day of November.

Cheers.

• I'd just like to say, I am very thankful for all the friends I have met and made here on the greatest John Wayne message board in the world.
    Happy Thanksgiving To All of You!
    Best Always,
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all. We in the states look forward to this every year and it is something we are grateful for. To the rest of the world, we hope that you are thankful in something in your life.

Take Care Cheers B) Mike a.k.a. Hondo Duke Lane

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Originally posted by Robbie@Nov 23 2006, 04:40 AM
    Incidentally what date is thanksgiving on?

[snapback]37180[/snapback]

. . . in 1863, President Lincoln proclaimed the last Thursday in November as a national day of Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving was proclaimed by every president after Lincoln. The date was changed a couple of times, most recently by Franklin Roosevelt, who set it up one week to the next-to-last Thursday in order to create a longer Christmas shopping season. Public uproar against this decision caused the president to move Thanksgiving back to its original date two years later. And in 1941, Thanksgiving was finally sanctioned by Congress as a legal holiday, as the fourth Thursday in November.

Just thought you'd like to know :rolleyes: .

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Moderators-please leave this message here.

The reason for this post is to inform you that im having tons of problems trying to reply to PMs and etc--that are long ones. Kevin has been kind enough to keep checking into this for me and we have agreed that it is probably the security setting the library has on their computers.

Im so frustrated at not being able to reply to some PMs etc, and make long postings--that I feel like Dr David? Banner changing into the Incredible Hulk--after being made angry somehow. I am gnashing my teeth in frustration right now at not being able to reply to some of Cindy's PMs and other stuff that I used to be able to do--not so long ago.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Best regards--Carl.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Carl,

I fully understand your frustration. I have had some of the pms I was trying to send just disappear. I will hit send and think it's going to go through, then the much hated screen comes up saying Cannot find, etc....I already told you about one I sent to you where I had to delete half of it because it said it was too big. The night GT was telling me about your library losing power, one of the pms I wrote to him was lost and I did not write it again. You have my email address so it might be less stressful to just use that when communicating with me. There's a lot going on in my life at this time so if I don't get right back to you, fear not...And I will certainly let all of my friends here know before I leave town...

I am really sorry that you're upset, Carl....Smile for me...:wink_smile:

Cindy

• The library might also be using a word scanning program that scans for certain words and then cuts off the transmission of such words or messages. Kind of like Net Nanny... your in a bad spot having to use a library computer. I heard on the news yesterday that Dell is going to work out a deal with Walmart to sell their computers. You might be able to pick up a fairly decent unit for under $500 in the near future. I think computer sales are down so they found another outlet for their smaller computers. I had a friend get a decent laptop the other day for $800 from them. I might have to look downstairs, I may have an older computer down there.

I did some hunting in the basement. And found my old computer. What if I told you I had a:

Dell Dimension 8100
    Pentium 4 1.3 GHz
    128MB RAM
    256 KB Cache
    6 GB Hard Drive
    Linksys 10/100 Ethernet Card
    NVidia GeForce2 MX/MX Video 400
    Dell Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
    NEC CD-RW Drive
    Dell E772c 15" Monitor
    No Sound Card or Modem
    Windows XP Home

It's not much, but you could get a bigger hard drive. The original one crapped out on me. I stuck this one in the basement when I got my new one about 2 years ago. It's your for the taking. I was just going to scrap it eventually. It would surf the Internet with no restrictions.

• I have a hard drive laying around that I would be able to get rid of. I am not sure of the size right now as I would have to dig for it but I think its in the 10-15 gig range. It might even be a 25 gig as I put my old 80 gig in my kids computer after I went to 250 gig on my new computer. Let me know Carl.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I need to do a new system specs list since I added a couple things that I found around the house.

Dell Dimension 8100
    Pentium 4 1.3 GHz
    128MB RAM
    256 KB Cache
    6 GB Hard Drive
    Linksys 10/100 Ethernet Card
    NVidia GeForce2 MX/MX Video 400
    Generic PS2 Keyboard/Mouse
    Samsung DVD Drive
    NEC CD-RW Drive
    Dell E772c 15" Monitor
    Creative Labs Sound Card
    Altec Lansing Speakers
    Headphones
    USB Media Hub (Compact Flash, SD and MMC)
    Windows XP Home
    Belkin Wireless Router
    Cyberlink PowerDVD Decoding Software

The 6 GB hard drive is holding the OS and basics, if Viper wanted to send that other hard drive I could install it and it would be your secondary hard drive.

Just to let you know I just got done testing everything. It all seems to be working fine. You could use another hard drive. You should be able to access the Internet as is. It will fit in 3 boxes. One for the monitor, one for the computer and the 3rd for the rest of the items. I just tested the DVD drive with The Cowboys.

• Carl,

Sorry that I didn't know about you situation fully. I will be glad to contact you any way I can, and maybe we can come up with a great solution as well. Tell me how you want to communicate with me and we'll get started.

I understand your frustration and I know there is a lot of people here who want to help. Take care my friend. :thumbs_up:

Mike

oh, :ohmy: I forgot........... Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote