Favorite Christmas Movies

There are 85 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 19,393 times. The latest Post () was by Jay J. Foraker.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Does anyone remember Family Man with Nicholas Cage? This is a Christmas Movie and it is very interesting to day the least.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• WoW! I just purchased Holiday Affair with Robert Mitchum, Janet Leigh, and Wendell Corey. This movie was released in 1949. If you like Mitchum then you'll like this movie. It is really a good movie.

The plot of the movie:
    Just before Christmas, department store clerk Steve Mason (Mitchum) meets big spending customer Connie Ennis (Leigh), really a commercial spy. He unmasks her but lets her go, which gets him fired. They end up on a date, which doesn't sit well with Connie's steady suitor, Carl Davis (Corey), but delights her son Timmy (Grodon Gebert), who doesn't want Carl for a step-dad. Standard (if sweet) romantic complications follow.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Edited once, last by Hondo Duke Lane ().

• Glad to be of assistance, Keith. Hope you get a chance to see the movie. It is a good movie for its time.

- John Wayne quote

• Time to (bump) this thread, too . . .

Our family has a 'tradition' to hold off on the Christmas movies and music until after Thanksgiving. Just because the stores have all that stuff out before Halloween, doesn't mean we have to do it that way.

Anyway, we'll be unpacking the Christmas movies Friday . . . can hardly wait!

Chester :newyear:

• my favorite christmas movies are
    The Santa Clause
    Family Man
    Elf
    White Christmas
    and of course It's a Wonderful Life

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life..." ~John Wayne~[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

• Our family has a new favorite, which we discovered last year - The Christmas Card, with Ed Asner. Touching, funny, romantic - an all-around good movie. We watched it again last night, along with The Santa Clause (the first one).

Sally, While You Were Sleeping is another favorite around here, although we watch it all year long! Love that John Wayne reference around the dinner table!

CountryGirl, we also enjoy It's A Wonderful Life every year.

ShortGrub, we haven't heard of Beyond Tomorrow, but will keep an eye out for it. Thanks for letting us know about it!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Santa Claus the movie with Dudley Moore

I have seen it about 20 times so far in the last 3 weeks my 3 year old Grand daughter LOVES It and surprisingly she loves Tim Burtons nightmare before XMAS

Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

• Mine is White Christmas with Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Vera Lynn and Rosemary Clooney. Merry Christmas to all. Mike(Exsoldier), Stephanie, Chrystal, Alexander and Taylor

• Mine is White Christmas with Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Vera Lynn and Rosemary Clooney. Merry Christmas to all. Mike(Exsoldier), Stephanie, Chrystal, Alexander and Taylor

And a Merry Christmas to you and your family, Mike. Thanks for defending freedom.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Has anyone seen Four Christmases? Very cute movie and I think a good message. Not one that sits will with me, but seems to be the norm with divorces the way they are.

- John Wayne quote

• we watch "an aussie christmas" it is the remake from the first and it stars nicole kidman when she was younger. a good family movie

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"