Just For Fun - Cell Phone Ring Tones

There are 41 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 11,747 times. The latest Post () was by The Ringo Kid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Im behind the times and do not have a cell phone. partly it;s because I would not recieve enough calls on it to make it worth having but also partly because I have a "land-line" already at home.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• I think mobile phones are absolutely essential, today while I was driving along in my car pulling a trailer the back axle of the trailer bent and sent me spinning across the road I somehow managed to keep the car on the road and I used my mobile to phone my friend so we could take the trailer to a safe place to store which takes me onto a funny story.

The back axle on the trailer was bent so we thought the use of a sledgehammer might straighten it up so we pushed the trailer up to a farm and had the following conversation with the old man who owned the farm(At least we think he does).

Us: The axle on the trailer is bent is it ok if we leave it here until we get it sorted.

Old Man: Yes

Us: We need a sledehammer to straighten the axle can you lend us one

Old Man: Yes

(Long Silence)

Us: Where can we find the sledgehammer

Old Man: Sorry I cant hear what your saying

Us (Speaking quite loudly) Where abouts is the sledgehammer that you were going to lend to us to straighten the wheel axle

Old Man: Sorry you have got the wrong house this is Wilsons:(We then walked off)

So at this minute in time the trailer is up at a farmhouse and somebody is going to appear and ask what the hell is that doing there. I didnt appreciate the comedy of the situation at the time due to the pressure we were under but I do now.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• hi robbie

glad your safe can feel for you with the problem its like some thing that happened to myself and my husband when we were traveling, our throtal cable on the car got stuck wide open so we were increasing in speed going up hill towing a trailer at the time scared the whoopies out of us but now looking back can laugh at it just think heavy trailer speeding going up hill. like you glad we had a mobile phone with us was able to call out roadside help as we were in the middle of nowhere between towns.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Hi Robbie, I hope all turns out well and that those people don't mid your storing the trailer on their property. I doubt they will make a fuss on it though. I never have ran into an unfriendly farmer or rancher. :-)) Also, when I have approached some (back during my leaner college days) they always offered free apples, oranges, ears of corn, carrots, potatos and such. That free produce kept the bellies happy to four broke college students. :-))

• I don't have a cell phone (don't want one and couldn't afford one anyway), but my sister does. The songs she has on are Wouldn't It Be Nice by the Beach Boys (I like them), and the Brady Bunch theme song. It's my favorite show! :D

Originally posted by Bonnie@Jul 17 2005, 07:03 PM
    I don't have a cell phone (don't want one........

Hooray for you, Bonnie. You sound like my kind of person.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I have heard really good things about "Sweet Home Alabama" as a cell phone ring tone, any here have this one? Im thinking about purchasing thins one as well.

-IHW

• Hi, it will not let me preview ringtones before I purchase them (which has ended in some wasted money of course).I would like to hear it before i buy it, or perhaps i will make an impulse buy.

*Im in the chatroom right now Mrs.C

-IHW

• My service is T-Mobile, and I have "Sweet Home Alabama" It's alright. Like mine very much. I was able to check it out on line before I purchased it. Only cost me $1.49 to download.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Personally, if I ever broke down and got a cell phone, i'd have to have as a tone on it: "The Green Leaves of Summer" from The Alamo. :D If not available, then i'd settle for the theme to "Where Eagle's Dare" Kelly's Heroes" and or "Garry Owen."

• It is now 4 years on since this thread started and I am sure things have changed, the cell phones/mobiles/handys have changed and I expect many have changed their ringtones.

Here are my ringtones:

Phone: "I mean to kill you in one minute Ned Pepper, or see you hang in Ford Smith at Judge Parkers convenience, which will it be?"

SMS: "You do and it'll be the biggest mistake you ever make, you Texas brush popper"

BlackBerry Messenger: "If you're looking for trouble, I'll accommodate ya, otherwise leave it alone"

Bob

• You can have any jw theme tune you want on your mobile!!!
    Surprised nobody thought of this before, put the c-d with your favourite music on the telly put your phone up to the speaker and simply record then set as a ringtone ,job done!!

• I actually have John Wayne quotes on my cell phone for ring tones. I found them online and down loaded them on to my phone. I Love it. I think I have 4 different ones. If interested send me a private message and I will try to send them to who ever is interested.

It's not always being fast or even accurate that counts, It's being willing.

• Pretty much most movies have the audio so you can record it or strip it out. I use an open source software call ToneThis that is free for making ringtones.

For example the part in Rio Bravo where Duke is watching Dude in the Saloon and the guy reaches for the gun. Duke says 'Go ahead, pick it up, I wish you would'. That makes a great ringtone.