Least Favorite Actor/Actress

There are 88 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 30,913 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I imagine most folks on this forum will agree that the Duke was (and is) our favorite movie star of all time. I also imagine most of us can name movie "stars" who rank among our least favorite Hollywood celebrities.

Speaking for myself, one name springs immediately to mind and that's Hanoi Jane Fonda.
    Though she's the daughter of a star I very much liked and respected, Jane herself is an (expletive deleted) as far as I'm concerned. Others on my personal list of least favorites are Sean Penn and Barbra Streisand.

Care to name your least favorites?

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I forgot Baldwin - he would be on my list of least favorites too. But I like Costner and De Niro and have no great antipathy toward Pacino and Seagal. As for Julia Roberts, I don't care for her politics but have to admit that I've seen her in a couple of movies I liked pretty well.

• Mine are the following, and not in any particular order:

Tom Cruise

Julia Roberts

George Clooney

Skippy the kangeroo

Eddie Murphy

Rhys Ifans

• stumpy i agree about jane fonda. she the only ameriican who i wished did not retun from nam.the top of my list is steven seagal also never liked bette davis.

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• My list has nothing to do with politics, it has everything to do with how much I want to smash a cream pie in their face. And I can't believe I forgot Tom Cruise, there's just something creepy about him. Then there's his wife Katie Holmes who was the weakest link in Batman Begins and who annoys me in general.
    But I do have to say that I like George Clooney in his movies, although sometimes I wonder about his politics.
    I guess my problem with De Niro and Pacino lies in the fact that I can't stand gangster movies (Unless The Punisher is on the scene) and they epitomize the movie gangster to me. Course that's the only reason that pops into mind.

• Without a doubt, George Clooney.

His making fun of Chuck Heston for having Alzheimer's disease was both classless & gutless.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• I can't stand Madonna and though she is a singer and good one, she has also acted. That goes for Rosie O'Donald.

Let's see; I don't like Jim Carey (just too silly). I really don't like Brad Pitt. I don't think he's a good actor. I tried to watch him but he just isn't good.
    Don't like Marion Brando. I just don't like his acting at all. I watched his motorcycle movie a few weeks ago and didn't like it. That is one reason why I have never seen The Godfather movies, I just don't like his acting.

So to list them in no particular order:

Madonna
    Rosie O'Donald
    Jim Carey
    Brad Pitt
    Marion Brando
    Christopher Reeves

I'll get back to you.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I liked Brad Pitt in A River Runs Through It and Dicaprio in Blood Diamond. I don't like Chris Rock, Pierce Brosnan, Whoopi Goldberg and Tom Arnold.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."

• These are names, that when I hear them, make me NOT want to see whatever movie they are in -

Will Ferrell
    Adam Sandler
    Jim Carrey

Having said that, I have probably seen each of these actors in a movie that I thought was OK, but it wasn't their presence that made it OK.

I'm sure I'll come up with some more. And I'm sure Chester will have his own list to add later.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Without a doubt, George Clooney.

His making fun of Chuck Heston for having Alzheimer's disease was both classless & gutless.

Hi EJ, ditto on that Bro and that was who I was going to name and you typed exactly what I was going to say.:wink_smile:

Also, I can't stand tim robbins and susan sarandon. Oh and im starting to not like that guy who was with Mel Gibson, in all of the Lethal Weapon movies (name left out on purpose.)

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Hi EJ, ditto on that Bro and that was who I was going to name and you typed exactly what I was going to say.:wink_smile:

Also, I can't stand tim robbins and susan sarandon. Oh and im starting to not like that guy who was with Mel Gibson, in all of the Lethal Weapon movies (name left out on purpose.)

Danny Glover, Carl.

Let's me make one thing clear. I may not agree with their politics which is a majority of them, but I do admire their acting. I do not agree with Susan Surardon, but I do think she is a very good actor.

I will agree with Tim Robbins. I don't like his acting.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Let's me make one thing clear. I may not agree with their politics which is a majority of them, but I do admire their acting. I do not agree with Susan Surardon, but I do think she is a very good actor.

I admire their acting, when they keep their mouth shut about politics. For instance, Paul Newman, whom I regard as the finest actor during my lifetime, is a notorious liberal. But he does not advertise this fact by broadcasting his views to the world, as many others do in Hollyweird. Same went for Burt Lancaster. He was one of my favorite actors but like Newman, was a hardcore liberal. However, you'd never have known it by either his acting or public pronouncements.

On the other hand, there are people like Sean Penn, Streisand, Clooney, Robbins and his wife Sarandon who are constantly running off at the mouth about various political issues and invariably they're promoting the left-wing POV. Since they're celebrities, the stinkin' media, which is also heavily left-wing, always gives those pronouncements much front-page publicity. Since about 90 % of Americans believe everything they hear or read in the so-called "mainstream" media, these left-wing celebrities influence a lot of public opinion, thus damaging the conservatives. And that's why I don't like actors/actresses shooting off their mouths about politics.