Movies That Make You Cry

There are 53 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 15,301 times. The latest Post () was by BILL OF PA.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• my list is

The Wings Of Eagles
    Rocky Three
    Grease
    Glitter
    The Bodyguard
    Hellcats of the navy
    My Girl
    Stepmom
    The Preachers Wife
    Blue Steel
    Knute Rockne All American
    Two Woman
    & East Side West Side:heart:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• The first movie I ever cried at was Field of dreams, when he goes out to play catch with his dad... gets me right there every time.

You can roll a turd in powdered sugar but that doesn’t make it a doughnut.

• The first movie I ever cried at was Field of dreams, when he goes out to play catch with his dad... gets me right there every time.

See what Kevin Costner can make you do??

Sorry, couldn't resist to all the guys/gals that dislike Costner!! j/k!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• We just watched, for about the fourth time, Secondhand Lions, starring Michael Caine and Robert Duvall. For anyone brought up in a broken home, this movie will sure get the tears goin'. One of the best movies I've ever seen, and yes, it makes me cry :cry2:.

As for my dear little wife, there's hardly a movie around that doesn't touch her heart in some way and make her cry, either out of happiness or sadness or just "being touched". She notes that The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer does not have that affect on her, but it does make us all laugh!

Chester :newyear:

• If you see The Spitfire Grill, that will be a great tear jerker. Let me see, I was touched with a few tears with Steel Magnolias; that was Julia Roberts' death. And if you were not touched by We Are Marshall, then you may not be alive.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Hondo, I won't admit it to my wife but that scene in Steel Magnolia's got me as well. Damn, we sound like a bunch of wussie's!! :ohmy:

-John Wayne

• Oh I cry with just about everything on tv.But films eh?!The one that tops the list must be Shadowlands with Anthony Hopkins and Debra Winger.I was so glad that I missed this one in the cinema 'cause I cried my eyes out when I finally did see it.Next day at work everybody kept asking me if something was wrong in the family and I had to say that I had seen just a film the night before:cry2:

• Hondo, I won't admit it to my wife but that scene in Steel Magnolia's got me as well. Damn, we sound like a bunch of wussie's!! :ohmy:

Viper, what can I say, I wouldn't call us a wussie's just men with a sensitive side :cry_smile: . What do women know? :ohwell:

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Viper, what can I say, I wouldn't call us a wussie's just men with a sensitive side :cry_smile: . What do women know? :ohwell:

Cheers

Hey, now, watch it . . . ! This woman knows plenty, and she says it takes a REAL man to be able to cry :cry2:in front of others- I'll never make fun of you or any other man who shows that sensitive side!

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Mrs. C, thanks.

My wife knows I am getting to be a softy. I am getting that way with not only movies but my kids now. Guess you can call it getting older!!

-John Wayne

• Ain't that the truth! I am also getting a little softer as I age. Movies rarely got me when I was in my 20's but now I find myself getting misty if the ending is happy or sad. The first movie I remember making me misty was called Without A Trace with Judd Hirsh and Kate Nelligan made in 1983. The movie was about a missing child and I balled my eyes out at the ending. My wife at the time thought I was losing it :stunned:.

And I am with you SXViper. My kids can get me choked up easy now. Pride for them will do that.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• hi you guys

its great that you can get in touch with your "femmen side" (i know that its spelt wrong but it is from an ad down under). films that make me have a good sob include children, animals be them happy or sad but the one that still gets me is the movie called "the dam busters" when nigger the dog dies and his owner goes to his out tray grabs his lead looks at the door and the scratch marks then throughs the lead into the rubbish bin.

the little bloke gets up and leaves the room when it is a sad part in the movie and wont come back till it has passed he especially doesnt like parts when someone or some animal dies.

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• Ok I'm afraid I'll have to join this conversation. Last night when I watched 'Rocky Balboa' I was a little choked at the end of the fight when the two adversaries hugged each other at the end of the fight as they both respected each other. The problem was however I was in the cinema and this scene was right at the end so I had to compose myself again very quickly, I don't know whats come over me.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• An Affair To Remember - That's what you might call "our" movie. Wife and I met on the Internet. We watched that movie together and talked via a chat program call Powwow while we watched it.